DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BLOCK & BULK DEALS
- Transaction of a minimum quantity
of 500,000 shares or a minimum value
of Rs 5 crore between two parties,
wherein they agree to buy or sell
shares at an agreed price among
- The deal takes place through a
separate trading window and they
happen at the beginning of trading
hours for the duration of 35 minutes
i.e. from 9.15 am to 9.50 am. Every
trade has to result in delivery.
- Block deals are not visible to the
regular market as they happen in a
- Stock exchanges should disclose the
information on block deals to the
public on the same day after the
- Bulk deal is a trade where the total
quantity of shares bought or sold is
more than 0.5% of the number of
shares of a listed company.
- Bulk deals happen during normal
trading window provided by the
- Bulk deal orders are visible to
- The broker who manages the bulk
deal trade has to provide the details
of the transaction to the stock
exchanges whenever they happen
Numerous traders pointlessly get energized seeing some names in
block/bulk deals and try to trade the same stocks. Bulk/block deal
doesn’t mean that the stock price will increase.
Investors must do their analysis before entering the trade.
MASTER STOCK TRADING AND TRADE WITH CONFIDENCE